i have to admire mr. dietrich's taste which is far more ecclectic than even my own. of the 22 artists/titles listed i have knowledge of only the following 7:
- fiery furnaces - i thought blueberry boat was a strange and largely unappealing uptake on 70s rock-theater.
- bill dixon - clearly a modern trumpet master - why are there so many saxophone gods and so few trumpet gods?
- us maple - noisy, right? i think i would like & need to hear more
- bartok - dunno what "tale" is but his 6 string quartets are some of the best music of all time
- satie - is it possible his reputation is far greater than the music actually warrants?
- marc ribot - i still know only through his masterful work on the classic mid-1980s tom waits albums - what's his one leader date to hear?
- patty waters - vintage ESP era improv stuff, right? never actually heard tho.